If you have a home, you undoubtedly also have a junk drawer. This is where you collect all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s often a mess, and it’s usually tricky to find what you’re looking for. But did you realize that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? If you store useful items in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This seems like a no-brainer, but you’d be speechless about how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight can be useful when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark room.
- Batteries. Batteries are required for a variety of things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Save a couple of extra batteries, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be used for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Have one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another great tool that can be used for numerous tasks, from gripping something too small to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always best to keep some on hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always valuable.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Utilize tiny or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer tidy.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is essential for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will come in handy.
- Scissors. Scissors are always important, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Purchase a little pair of scissors that can be conveniently stashed in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be utilized for multiple tasks, from keeping cords neat to bundling up newspapers. They’re also useful for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, remember the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! While most junk drawers are messy, it doesn’t have to be that way. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) can help keep your junk drawer organized and your essential items quick to find. If your junk drawer is already a headache, here are some ideas for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a few uncomplicated steps.
Now that you understand what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! But, if you discover that your current Lancaster home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, consult Real Property Management Traditions. We provide quality rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your preferred lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.